Swim team participates in Arkansas Children’s Hospital fundraiser

Students for Children's

Sofia Calderon, Podcaster and Photographer

A swimathon will occur for the new Arkansas Children’s Hospital at 8 a.m. Oct. 13. The fundraiser will last a full 24 hours at the Fayetteville Athletic Club and will have Fayetteville High School students participating in the swimathon. Students Anna Gunter, Grant Hearne, Parker Walker, Ellie Fagg, Matthew Vawter,Sheil Sharma, Jennifer Creel, Hailey Rissinger, Makayla Luallen, Caleb Elkingstonstauss, Daniel Mantey, Spencer Walker, Cade Sarkin, Huxley Richardson, Maggie Mizanin, Reed Fagg, Noah Core, Jenna Beasley, Aisling Allen, Walden Sloan and Katie Martin will all be swimming to raise funds for the local children’s hospital.

The donations can be given online at www.englishchannelsolo.com and any amount is appreciated. Mr. Sarkin has worked with the children’s hospital in 2010 to help raise and sustain funds for the children’s hospitals programs that help families in financial assistance for travel, lodging, providing entertainment to the patients. The overall goal of the fundraiser is to make the child feel like a child and not a patient. Mr. Sarkin’s son was treated at the hospital in 2009 which started his desire to help out via fundraising. Today, he wants to help those families whose child or children are in the same position he was in nine years ago.