Filed under Sports

Chile Pepper

Senior Nick Pilkington hypes of the boys' cross country team before the Chile Pepper 5k.

Amelia Southern

Amelia Southern

Amelia Southern
Sophomore Mahtaab Sadeghi finishes out the last 200 meters,of the 3.1 mile race, as fast as she can.

Amelia Southern
Sophomore Tristan Pina crosses the halfway point of the first lap in the Chile Pepper Race passing Ozark Catholic and 3 others.

Amelia Southern
Freshman Canon Capo sprints the last 200 meters of the race and finishes the 5k for the Freshmen boys at the time 19:34.

Amelia Southern
Sophomore Isaiah Sosa passes another runner on his last lap to the finish line then finishes at 21:08.

Amelia Southern
Sophomore Ophelia Blasingame passes three people in the last 200 meters of the race.

Amelia Southern
Senior Nick Pilkington hypes up the varsity boys’ cross country team before the Chile Pepper 5k.

Amelia Southern
Senior Jackson Heck finishes his last lap of the 5k  and gives his lap last his all. He placed for the boys at Chile Pepper at the time 19:54.

Amelia Southern
Sophomore Kateri Smith crosses the finish line as her hair bounces in the wind and she finishes at 24.07.

Amelia Southern
Parents, Team mates and Friends cheer on the varsity girl’s Cross county team on the last lap to the finish line.

Amelia Southern
The Freshmen Fayetteville Boys Cross Country team starts out in the lead in the beginning of the Chile Pepper Race.

Amelia Southern
Sophomore Regan Fultz is on her last lap and gives her all on the last lap. Fultz came in second for the fayetteville team but 109 overall out of 506.

About the Contributor
Amelia Southern, Photographer

“I am running away from responsibilities and it feels good” -Michael Scott (The Office)

My name is Amelia Southern,  I love photography and I am very passionate about music and making an impact on my society in any way I can. I know more bands than people at this school. I also enjoy running, food, exploring, history, traveling, and making an impact on my society. Being a part of my cross country team and the newspaper staff makes me feel like I can belong to something special in not only Fayetteville but in our society, hopefully, to make a change and leave an impact on others.