High school prepares for new organizational structure

Assistant Principal sign on the third floor, in phase 3.

Lauren Vernon

Lauren Vernon

Lauren Vernon

Laney Hoggatt, Co Editor-in-Chief

For the 2018-2019 school year, the administration is reorganizing their structure. Instead of having deans of students working in conjunction with the assistant principals, Fayetteville High School will have seven assistant principals and one associate principal who will operate under the new principal, Dr. Jay Dostal. The assistant principals are Jon Gheen, Michael Kaminski, Michelle Miller, Bobby Smith, Mark White, David Young, and Byron Zeagler. The Associate principal is Warren Collier.

The assistant principals will be in charge of discipline, the master schedule, building operations, testing, professional development, teacher evaluation, data analysis, CAP, and advisory. Previously, the deans of students were in charge of disciplining students and making sure they are aware of other issues. The assistant principals will split that responsibility for the upcoming school year by dividing students by grade level.

In addition, there will be grade level teams for each grade. Each team is made up of one assistant principal and two counselors. They will be located in the same admin offices. The 12th-grade team is Kaminski, Dawn Norman, and Seanne Farrar. The 11th-grade team is Young, Lesli Zeagler, and Staci Petrich. The 10th-grade team is Gheen, Curt Champion, and Joey Newman. The 9th-grade team is Smith, Jody Wood, and Cindy Ally.

The 2018-2019 school year will be a testing year and they will make modifications for the next year.

“Additionally, I am working with the Counseling Department on identifying ways that we can help and support ALL students at FHS, so there might be some potential changes with their roles as well,” Dostal said. “Ultimately, the end goal will be to provide better service to students and parents at FHS.”