Behind the voice

Mrs. Little is the woman behind the voice in the III Phase III floor office at Fayetteville High School.

Taylor Tames

Taylor Tames

Laney Hoggatt, Co Editor-in-Chief

Every morning around 8:51 a.m. a friendly female voice rings out over the intercom. She greets students and then moves on to the moment of silence and the Pledge of Allegiance. Many students have no clue who they listen to every morning. This woman is Donna Little.

Little is an Attendance Manager and the Administrative Assistant. She has been at the high school for five years and was a substitute teacher at Happy Hollow for two years before that. She enjoys being able to interact with students as well as the faculty.

“I enjoy interacting with the students, especially if I can help them out in any way. FHS is a great place to work because not only do we have awesome students, we also have a wonderful faculty and staff,” Little said. “I’m lucky to have a job I enjoy and it’s all because of the FHS family that I’m surrounded by.”

She started doing the announcements three years ago. Little was asked to do the announcements because she was always so friendly especially in the morning and she wanted a way to make people smile in the morning.

“I’m one of those annoying chipper morning people, so I hope to brighten someone’s day with a friendly “Good Morning” if there are any not so chipper morning people out there,” Little said.

Little enjoys reading and doing hot yoga which she started in September. She said that her favorite place is at home with her family. She is married to her high school sweetheart, Gregg. They have three boys: Braden, Brock, and Cooper. Braden graduated from the high school in 2015 and attends the University of Arkansas. Brock and Cooper are twins and attend McNair. The last member of their family is their 10-year-old black lab named Sally.

“My happy place is my home, especially when everyone is there,” Little said.

About the Contributors
Laney Hoggatt, Co Editor-in-Chief

I am a senior. This is my third year reporting and second year being an editor. I typically write features articles. I am the choir president and am in A Capella choir and Encore choir. In my free time, I enjoy writing, singing, and binge-watching t.v shows and movies. I spend most of my time with my friends and family. I love dogs and will definitely ask to see pictures.

Taylor Tames, Photographer

Class of 2018. Brutally honest and outspoken.

1 Comment

One Response to “Behind the voice”

1. Trinity Davis on January 30th, 2018 1:17 pm

I did not know that’s what Ms. Little looks like.

• Behind the voice

Features

Talk of new schedule

• Behind the voice

Features

Service dog etiquette

• Behind the voice

Features

Another school year signals college financial aid opportunities

• Behind the voice

Arts & Entertainment

Ranking the MCU Films

• Behind the voice

Features

Making a change one kick at a time

• Behind the voice

Features

How to register to vote

• Behind the voice

Features

ASMR is all the rage around the World

• Behind the voice

Features

Third time is the charm

• Behind the voice

Features

Food Waste

• Behind the voice

Features

School board prepares to welcome new member

Behind the voice