Behind the voice

Mrs. Little is the woman behind the voice in the III Phase III floor office at Fayetteville High School.

Taylor Tames

Taylor Tames

Laney Hoggatt, Editor

Every morning around 8:51 a.m. a friendly female voice rings out over the intercom. She greets students and then moves on to the moment of silence and the Pledge of Allegiance. Many students have no clue who they listen to every morning. This woman is Donna Little.

Little is an Attendance Manager and the Administrative Assistant. She has been at the high school for five years and was a substitute teacher at Happy Hollow for two years before that. She enjoys being able to interact with students as well as the faculty.

“I enjoy interacting with the students, especially if I can help them out in any way. FHS is a great place to work because not only do we have awesome students, we also have a wonderful faculty and staff,” Little said. “I’m lucky to have a job I enjoy and it’s all because of the FHS family that I’m surrounded by.”

She started doing the announcements three years ago. Little was asked to do the announcements because she was always so friendly especially in the morning and she wanted a way to make people smile in the morning.

“I’m one of those annoying chipper morning people, so I hope to brighten someone’s day with a friendly “Good Morning” if there are any not so chipper morning people out there,” Little said.

Little enjoys reading and doing hot yoga which she started in September. She said that her favorite place is at home with her family. She is married to her high school sweetheart, Gregg. They have three boys: Braden, Brock, and Cooper. Braden graduated from the high school in 2015 and attends the University of Arkansas. Brock and Cooper are twins and attend McNair. The last member of their family is their 10-year-old black lab named Sally.

“My happy place is my home, especially when everyone is there,” Little said.

About the Contributors
Laney Hoggatt, Editor
I am a second year reporter. I typically write Features articles. This is my first year being an editor. In my free time, I enjoy writing, singing, and binge-watching t.v shows. I spend most of my time with my friends and family.I am constantly asking to see pictures of everyone’s dogs because I am obsessed with...
Taylor Tames, Photographer
Class of 2018. Brutally honest and outspoken.
1 Comment

One Response to “Behind the voice”

1. Trinity Davis on January 30th, 2018 1:17 pm

I did not know that’s what Ms. Little looks like.

[Reply]

• Behind the voice

Features

Food Waste

• Behind the voice

Features

School board prepares to welcome new member

• Behind the voice

Features

Student travels on a safari trip, promotes passions in service, learning

• Behind the voice

Features

Is The Santa Clarita Diet really to die for?

• Behind the voice

Arts & Entertainment

Black Mirror relates increasingly to teens

• Behind the voice

Features

My Freebleeding experience

• Behind the voice

Features

Brands taking stands for Women’s History Month

• Behind the voice

Features

Beloved local grocery store closes

• Behind the voice

Features

Special education program offers opportunities

• Behind the voice

Lifestyle

Altitude trampoline park opens in Fayetteville

Behind the voice