Celebrating the winter holiday season of Northwest Arkansas

University of Arkansas Old Main Building During Past Winter in Fayetteville, Arkansas
Picture Obtained from the    news.uark.edu Website

University of Arkansas Old Main Building During Past Winter in Fayetteville, Arkansas Picture Obtained from the news.uark.edu Website

Austin Liu, News Editor, Reporter

Winter holiday season time has arrived once more to the Northwest Arkansas area this year! This is the ideal part of the year to change into the spirit and delightfulness of celebrating the winter holidays no matter from which diverse background or tradition that celebrates and observes certain holidays and festivals. However, many carry with them the same type of question of how to stay involved this season in the winter holiday events open to everyone in the area and what to exactly consider for participation. Finding the answer to these two great questions will require much time and patience of the person in expecting to encounter a finding that is just right for them, their family, and their friends. Still, many people would not desire to spend a large portion of their time on the search for events. As the solution to these problems, a compiled list of potential events to consider in participating is provided below to assist in offering multiple choices and reaching a quick decision. Happy holidays to everyone! May you all enjoy this fabulous season!

December Calendar of Scheduled Holiday Events

• Event Name: Gingerbread House Decorating for Families
    • Date and Location: December 7 at the Fayetteville Public Library
    • Description: 4 p.m. Get into the holiday spirit by decorating a gingerbread house with your family!  We provide icing and cardboard house forms to decorate, and you bring the candy!  Participants may bring whatever candies and other decorations they wish.  Your whole family is invited to join the fun!  Registration is required for the event, and will open on November 16th at 9:00 am. Each family will receive one cardboard form, and the houses will be displayed in the children’s library.  Decorated houses may be picked up beginning Monday, December 18th. (Faylib)
  • Event Name: Fine Art Market at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
    • Date and Location: December 9 at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
    • Description: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Botanical Garden of the Ozarks will host a one-day winter Fine Art Market featuring the work of over a dozen Art Ventures NWA artists. Purchase unique pieces for friends, loved ones or yourself. There will be a wide selection of styles and mediums, including paintings, sculpture and metalwork. A portion of the proceeds of sales will benefit the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks and Art Ventures.  Admission to the market and garden on this day is FREE – come shop the art market, BGO Gift Shop and then explore the garden! (NWAMotherlode)
  • Event Name: Bentonville Winter Wonderland Christmas Parade
    • Date and Location: December 9 at Bentonville Fire Station
    • Description: 10 a.m. to noon. The annual Christmas Parade is coming — a wonderful tradition to share with family & friends. The parade will start at the Fire Station, make it’s way up Main Street and end at the Square. Music on the square. (NWAMotherlode)
  • Event Name: Christmas Festival
    • Date and Location: December 9 at Centerton City Park at 290 North Main Street
    • Description: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The public is invited to the Centerton Christmas Festival on December 9th at the city park located at 290 North Main Street. This is an all-day event which will include a Craft Fair, Christmas Parade, and Christmas in the park. (NWAMotherlode)
  • Event Name: A Morning with Santa, Bentonville Community Center
    • Date and Location: December 9 at 1101 SW Citizens Circle
    • Description: There will be a photographer on site to take free photos of each child with Santa. Choir music, refreshments, and fun. Two Photo Sessions Available:
      10am-11:45am
      12:15-2:00pm
      Event is free to the public.
  • Event Name: Danú A Christmas Gathering: Féile na Nollag
    • Date and Location: December 10 at the Walton Arts Center
    • Description: 7 p.m. The award-winning Danú returns to Walton Arts Center! Direct from County Waterford in Ireland, this spirited band is known as one of the leading traditional Irish ensembles today, presenting authentic interpretations of traditional Celtic music for audiences all over the globe. In this special performance, Danú offers a sampling of songs, music, and stories that have emerged from Christmas celebrations held across their homeland for hundreds of years. Witness virtuoso players on fiddle, flute, button accordion, and percussion, played alongside the gorgeous voice of Nell Ní Chróinín with top-notch guest dancers in an unforgettable celebration of the rich heritage of Ireland! (Walton Arts Center)
  • Event Name: Little Sprouts Holiday Hoopla
    • Date and Location: December 13 at the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
    • Description: 9:30-10:45 a.m. Little Sprouts is the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks’ story & activity time for preschoolers and their parents. The 30-minute sessions will take place at 9:30 & 10:15 on the second Wednesday of every month. Little Sprouts is always free for garden members. Regular garden admission prices for non-members:
      • Adult: $7
      • Children: $4 (ages 5-12)
      • Free for children under 5
  • Event Name: Try FPL: Gingerbread House Workshop for Adults
    • Date and Location: December 13 at the Fayetteville Public Library
    • Description: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Join us for our monthly TRY FPL series and decorate your own gingerbread house in the Story Time Room! We will provide the materials and form for the house, but you may bring your own favorite hard candies if you like. (Faylib)
  • Event Name: Caroling on the Creek, downtown Springdale
    • Date and Location: December 15 at Walton Turnbow Park
    • Description: Walter Turnbow park will come alive with the sounds of the season as over 20 Choirs perform. All levels of choirs are represented. Music begins at 5 p.m. and Santa arrives at 6:30 p.m. The stage will be set up on the East side of Walter Turnbow Park singing towards the west over Spring Creek. (NWAMotherlode)
  • Event Name: A Very SoNA Christmas
    • Date and Location: December 16 at the Walton Arts Center
    • Description: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. A collection of favorite music celebrating the magic and beauty of Christmas. Featuring the SoNA Singers, regional high school choirs, and special guest soloists. (NWAMotherlode)
  • Event Name: The Little Craft Show Bentonville
    • Date and Location: December 16 at 104 SW A St.
    • Description: Noon to 6 p.m. This year, The Little Craft Show is partnering with Downtown Bentonville, Inc. to host a Bentonville edition of the winter show. Expect to find beautiful handmade goods, unique art and gifts, and local food and drink. (NWAMotherlode)
  • Event Name: Christmas Open House, Peel Mansion
    • Date and Location: December 16 at the Peel Mansion
    • Description: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Come visit the Peel mansion all dressed up for Christmas. This year’s theme is the Twelve Days of Christmas so you can expect a Twelve Day different theme in each of the rooms as you tour the house. Share the spirit of Christmas with some music, hot cocoa, cookies and a visit from Santa. This is a free and family-friendly event. (NWAMotherlode)
  • Event Name: The Snowman: A Family Concert
    • Date and Location: December 17 at the Walton Arts Center
    • Description: Presented by Walton Arts Center and Symphony of Northwest Arkansas at 2 p.m. Your favorite holiday treat returns to Walton Arts Center for a fourth year! Experience a very special screening of the award-winning film “The Snowman” as SoNA musicians bring to life the extraordinary score in an afternoon that is sure to enchant your little ones. (NWAMotherlode)
  • Event Name: Super Saturday: Holiday Artsy Craftsy
    • Date and Location: December 23 at the Fayetteville Public Library
    • Description: 10:30 a.m. A fun variety of holiday-themed, self-guided crafts will be available for making! (Faylib)

Austin Liu, News Editor, Reporter
I am currently a junior attending Fayetteville High School. Welcome to the official website of the FHS Register Newspaper and its publications!Besides being a staff reporter of the News section for the newspaper, I am also an editor for that section for the first time this year. This is my second year on the school...