• 2nd and 3rd final -- Dec. 20

• 5th and 6th final -- Dec. 19

• 1st and 4th final -- Dec. 18

• 8th and Zero B final -- Dec. 15

• Last day of school -- Dec. 21

• Fire Drill -- Dec. 13

• Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @fhsregister

Egyptian Mosque Under Attack

People gather at Al-Rawda Mosque in Bir al-Abd northern Sinai, Egypt a day after attackers killed hundreds of worshippers, on Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017. Friday's assault was Egypt's deadliest attack by Islamic extremists in the country's modern history, a grim milestone in a long-running fight against an insurgency led by a local affiliate of the Islamic State group.(AP Photo/Tarek Samy)

AP/ Tarek Samy

AP/ Tarek Samy

Trinity Davis, Reporter

Saturday, November 25, 2017, in northern Sinia, Egypt, 25-30 militant men carrying automatic machine guns and bearing ISIS flags, opened fire in the al Rawdah Sufi mosque killing about 305 worshipers. According to CNN World, Egypt’s state prosecutor, there were at least 27 children among the dead. An additional 128 were wounded, with, the death toll rising. The attack unfolded when the men arrived in SUVs and armed. The state prosecutor explained how the attack was carried out; “They positioned themselves at the building’s entrance and the front of the mosque shortly before the massive gunfire and loud explosions rang out”, he goes on to explain that when the weapons went quiet 305 people were dead. A survivor from the incident reported the attack as a massive gunfire; described as loud at the start and described the attackers as masked, long-bearded, long-haired, and wearing military fatigues, and at least one of the attackers was carrying an ISIS flag.

This attack is believed to be the most deadly attack on Egyptian soil.

President Sisi believes the attack needs to be responded with “brute force.” According to Bloomberg.com, President Sisi ordered the military to restore security in Northern Sinai within three months. President Sisi reportedly told AF Chief of staff Mohamed Hegazi “You are responsible…to restore security and stability in Sinai.” Egyptian authorities have been battling militants affiliated with the Islamic state. The Nov. 24 attack marked a shift in tactics for the group.