• 2nd and 3rd final -- Dec. 20

• 5th and 6th final -- Dec. 19

• 1st and 4th final -- Dec. 18

• 8th and Zero B final -- Dec. 15

• Last day of school -- Dec. 21

• Fire Drill -- Dec. 13

• Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @fhsregister

Miss unstoppable

Eva Bogomilova smiles for the camera.

Eva Bogomilova smiles for the camera.

Lauren Vernon

Lauren Vernon

Eva Bogomilova smiles for the camera.

Laney Hoggatt, Editor

There is always that one person that seems to have it all together. They are extremely involved, have a high GPA, and on top of all that, they are loved by most. To those at FHS, that is senior Eva Bogomilova. Eva has been class president since her sophomore year and has won every election since. She was this year’s Homecoming Queen. Despite all the titles that Bogomilova has achieved over the years, she remains very humble.

She decided to run for class president in her sophomore year and won. She has won every year since, which makes this her third year as class president.

“I’ve always wanted to be able to make change in the school and it is hard to [meet up with the principal] when you are just a regular kid, so I wanted to take advantage of that position to address issues,” Bogomilova said. “I wanted to be a voice and put myself in a position where I could actually make something happen.”

She is involved in many clubs and programs at the school. Bogomilova is in Mu Alpha Theta, Model UN, Student Council, Dawg Crew, ASTRA, Young Democrats, Rubik’s Cube Club, Promotion of Diverse Students, Young Feminists, National Honors Society, and National Spanish Honors Society. Bogomilova holds an officer position in some. She is treasurer of Mu Alpha Theta, Promotion of Diverse Students, and Model UN. She is the vice president of Student Council. Lastly, she is president of the Young Feminists club.

Bogomilova’s favorite program would be Student Council because of how involved it is with the community.

“We do the blood drive homecoming parade, we raised 12 thousand dollars for the homeless, and, last year, we raised money through our putt-putt tournament to build dorms in Kenya for students,” Bogomilova said. “ We just do lots of work within the community and a lot of people do not realize how much student council does, but it is a big time commitment.”

With all of her school commitments, she still finds time for her extracurriculars. On Sundays, She takes Russian lessons and she also volunteers for the Chinese Association of Northwest Arkansas where she teaches dance classes to little kids.

“I also am a volunteer at the Washington County Juvenile Detention Center, and I am normally defense attorney,” Bogomilova said. “You take real cases of real teens who have committed these minor crimes, and you suggest a sentence and then the jury decides a verdict.”

As a senior, college is right around the corner. Bogomilova has big plans and hopes to become a diplomat in her future. She plans on majoring in political science and minoring in Spanish because she loves Spanish. Bogomilova hopes to earn a Ph.D.

“I am looking into Columbia, Berkeley, Georgetown, NYU, Northwestern, University of Michigan, and other schools that have really good law programs because I want to be a diplomat, and I hope to go to law school in Oxford, England,” Bogomilova said.

For most students, it is hard to balance being involved and GPA. The way she managed to balance everything was planning. She said that if she knew there was an event coming up, she would do her homework ahead of time.

“This is kind of strange, but last year I took six AP classes and this year I am taking five, and I am honestly not that overwhelmed with homework because I get distracted really easy, but if I can get all my homework done and just study for my tests… I will manage to keep my grades up,” Bogomilova said.

Bogomolova believes that being so involved made her high school experience enjoyable.

“My best memories from high school are from the all the clubs that I have been in… and I couldn’t imagine my high school experience would be like not doing anything because I don’t play sports, so this is pretty much all I have,” Bogomilova said. “It has given me some really sweet memories, and I have made so many friends, people that I probably wouldn’t have met if I wasn’t involved.”

1 Comment

One Response to “Miss unstoppable”

1. Sherry Shao on December 1st, 2017 7:34 am

Go Eva go! miss unstoppable, sky is your limit! Spread your wings and chase after your dreams, I will vote for you

[Reply]

• Miss unstoppable

Features

History of Christmas: Santa Claus

• Miss unstoppable

Arts & Entertainment

Vintage Viewings: Blade Runner

• Miss unstoppable

Features

Fayetteville animal services

• Miss unstoppable

Features

Celebrating the winter holiday season of Northwest Arkansas

• Miss unstoppable

Features

Madrigal Feast

• Miss unstoppable

Arts & Entertainment

Vintage Viewings: Shaun of the Dead

• Miss unstoppable

Features

Starved to death

• Miss unstoppable

Arts & Entertainment

FHS Orchestra’s Monster Mash

• Miss unstoppable

Arts & Entertainment

The popularity of Stranger Things

• Miss unstoppable

Features

History of Halloween

Miss unstoppable