NYC Terror Attack

The+aftermath+of+the+NYC+terror+attack+which+killed+eight+and+injured+13.+The+suspect+is+in+the+hospital+under+strict+security.+
The aftermath of the NYC terror attack which killed eight and injured 13. The suspect is in the hospital under strict security.

ABCnews.com

ABCnews.com

Laney Hoggatt, Editor

On Tuesday, Oct. 31, in New York City a Home Depot Truck plowed through a crowd of pedestrians and bicyclists. Six were killed instantly and two died later. Thirteen were injured. The car was driven by a 29-year-old Uzbekistan native who came to the U.S. legally in 2010. He rented the truck. After driving into a bike path, he got out of the car carrying two firearms: a paintball and a pellet gun. The attack was only a few blocks from the World Trade Center Memorial.

“This was an act of terror, and a particularly cowardly act of terror aimed at innocent civilians, aimed at people going about their lives who had no idea what was about to hit them,” New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

Police shot the suspect in the stomach. He was taken to the hospital and underwent surgery Tuesday night. Investigators have been able to talk to the suspect and he is expected to survive. The suspect seems to be “proud” of the attack and has shown no remorse according to ABCnews.com. Investigators are working on collecting evidence against the suspect. A note was found in the truck which claimed that ISIS was responsible for the attack.

“The evidence shows — and again, it’s only several hours, and the investigation is ongoing — but that after he came to the United States is when he started to become informed about ISIS and radical Islamic tactics,” Cuomo said. “We have no evidence yet of associations or a continuing plot or associated plots, and our only evidence to date is that this was an isolated incident that he himself performed.”

Laney Hoggatt, Editor
I am a second year reporter. I typically write Features articles. This is my first year being an editor. In my free time, I enjoy writing, singing, and binge-watching t.v shows. I spend most of my time with my friends and family.I am constantly asking to see pictures of everyone’s dogs because I am obsessed with...