EF-Travel Abroad

Professional logo of the EF organization.

There are many clubs and classes that allow travel abroad, such as a foreign language class. The company that helps these classes take trips is called EF- Education First. The school has been using this company to travel for many years. If you have the chance to go on an EF tour or are thinking about going on one, this is everything you will need to know.

The EF story started more than 50 years ago. They have one global mission which is to open up the world through education. There are over 500 schools and offices in more than 50 countries. They have three pillars of learning: cultural experiences, language, and academics. They also have a commitment to 21st-century learning.

EF wants students to learn by doing. “The best way to help students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future is through experiential learning” EF said. Through experiential learning each tour is designed to: increase awareness of global perspectives, foster appreciation of different cultures, strengthen new languages skills, see curriculum come to life sharpen skills like critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, collaboration and global competence in global setting, and develop leadership skills to successfully navigate new experiences with confidence.

EF is an educational tour organization that teaches people through discovering the world. EF is not only for students, any age can participate in their tours as a chaperone or going on a trip with a job. Some EF touring brands are: college study tours, explore America, tours for girl scouts, educational tours Canada, college break, and go ahead tours.

There are 301 different tours to participate in. The destinations are: Africa (2), Asia and the South Pacific (19), Europe (158), Latin America (44), Washington D.C. (17), Boston (14), California (16), Puerto Rico (2), New York City (29).

If one is planning on taking a trip with EF or wanting to go on a tour, it is recommended to learn a little bit more about the company and how everything works to help ease the mind or help make the tough decision of whether or not to travel abroad.

Current travel option here at FHS: Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, 2019- Suki Highers and Michelle Fyfe will be taking students on this once in a lifetime opportunity in July 2019. Hike a volcano, snorkel in the Galapagos, go whitewater rafting in the Amazon basin, and hike to an indigenous village. Meet in Ms. Highers classroom, 3418, on Tuesday October 17 at 5:30. Park on Bulldog blvd. For more information, email [email protected]